NaNoWriMo daily update

>> Tuesday, November 06, 2007

10,228/50,000
Words

Absolutely terrible. For some reason, I'm really tired this evening, and writing was a total struggle. I was kind of spamming, it seems like what I got down tonight was stuff that will ultimately be edited out, honestly. But it's important to keep slogging through, keep writing. That's part of the "marathon" aspect of NaNoWriMo, making yourself persevere.

Officially speaking, if you're writing 1,667 words per day, you should have 10,002 words on day six. As you can see, I'm staying just ahead, 228 words ahead of where I should be. It's not really as good as it might seem--it's not a comfortable margin. If I were to miss a day, I'd need to double up.

Last year, I fell behind, and spent an entire weekend cramming words, trying to get in 50k before the month was up, and barely coming in under the wire. I'd rather not do that again.

Not that I have to do any of it. It's all optional. It's all a game. But there's ego at stake, and also the hope that the discipline built up will carry through to some degree after NaNoWriMo is over. I have other things I'd like to work on, and they don't need to sit on my hard drive as fragments. I think one or two of them could be good. And the feedback I've received on ficlets.com suggests that there are people who enjoy my writing--this seems like something I might be good at and that I enjoy: I could be doing more of it.

I think I've passed the point of making much more sense; g'night, everybody.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP