NaNoWriMo daily update

>> Saturday, November 10, 2007

14,795/50,000
Words

Technically, I'm still a day behind. Sunday is normally my "big writing day," though, even when I'm not doing NaNoWriMo. By which I mean that, budget permitting, I walk down the street to Boudreaux's for brunch and then across the street to Smelly Cat and spend the day there drinking coffee or chai lattes or whatever. A chai latte is much better for focusing--probably all in my head, I know--but the coffee is cheaper. (And, at Smelly Cat, better than the chai lattes, which taste alright but come from a powder. But good luck finding a "real" chai latte in Charlotte, as far as I know.) Typically, but not always, I'll end up doing dinner down there, too, usually at the Solstice Tavern, which apparently doesn't have a website. Solstice isn't terribly special--just a neighborhood sports bar--but they have pretty good bar food and some cute waitresses.

Tomorrow I'll be doing the hangout thing for sure just because it's a three-day weekend for me. The budget shall permit it, and no other way around it! Take that, finances! Whether I'll be productive or not remains to be seen.




1 comments:

Susan Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 2:06:00 PM EST  

Sunday is usually my big writing day too...and I blew it this weekend (must be the 'holiday thing')

I wrote letters instead; next time I think I'll write my nieces some nice CHAPTERS.

[sigh]

Good luck tomorrow!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP