For the other half

>> Thursday, February 14, 2008

Half the people (give or take one half) who visit this blog have probably already read Jim Wright's blog entry in which he puts a bigoted douche who kept spamming him with xenophobic junk mail in his place. For the other half (give or take a half), it's worth a look. Jim--who I've never met and wouldn't recognize on the street unless he happened to be dressed exactly as he is in his blog photo, which is unlikely since I live in a place that's roughly 60 F° warmer than his hometown (it's alright: if Jim goes by my blog picture, he thinks I'm a South Park character)--anyway, as I was about to say, Jim is a good egg. Go read the piece, and check out some of his other posts.


(Hint: A regular visitor who turns bowls might particularly enjoy some of the entries and photographs Jim posts of his own wood turning, e.g. this recent post.)





2 comments:

Jim Wright Friday, February 15, 2008 at 12:06:00 PM EST  

What? You're not a South Park character? Damn, my illusions are shattered. Strangely though, I do pretty much look like my blog photo all of the time. I probably wouldn't wear a parka in your neck of the woods, but other than that, I'm rarely in anything other than jeans and a sweatshirt these days (probably some type of reaction to wearing a uniform all of those years). And the only time I'm without that ANZAC hat is when I'm sleeping :)

Moving on here, thanks for the link, and the comments over on Stonekettle Station, I always find your opinions insightful and level headed, and I'd love to sit down some day and have a beer with you. Thanks.

Eric Friday, February 15, 2008 at 2:41:00 PM EST  

A beer sounds great if we're ever in the same neck of the woods.

Hmm... "ScalziCon 2008"?

Stonekettle Station is great: again, I hope some of the few folks who drop by here who don't already read Jim's blog hop over there and look around some time.

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP