What to do? (An unnecessary internal monologue.)

>> Saturday, March 08, 2008

I really don't know, I really don't know what to do.


Seriously, I don't know. What I want to do is go back up to the whitewater park and take a walk like I did last week. The problem is that it's been raining most of the week--hard rains like we haven't had in a while, and slow misty rains afterwards that never stopped fading down until this morning. So the trails are going to be muddy, muddier than they usually are. I said that was the problem, but it's really only one problem. The other problem, a related problem, is that it's windy today.


This isn't a complaint, though it may sound like a whine. We needed the rain and I love stormy weather. That said, I don't necessarily want to be sprawling around in the mud. I'm dainty. No, I'm not--that was a joke. I don't even mind the mud so much, I just don't want to spend much of the early afternoon on my ass. Which is what I would do if I didn't go out there. But on your ass on the couch is more dignified, no? You know what I meant. I'd rather not twist anything or find myself covered arms-to-shirt-to-the-bottoms-of-my-boots in sludge.


But, as a friend's girlfriend asked last night at the social gathering, what else am I going to do? She was trying to get me to stay when I decided to head out at one o'clock a.m., I'm not sure why. And what am I going to do? As the old song goes.


I think maybe I will head down there for an hour or two, and why not? Into the sludge and mire! Onward, ho!


Have a good day, folks.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP