Respected by our allies, triumphant abroad, America enters the new century

>> Monday, April 07, 2008

My sister sent me this picture of President Bush at the NATO conference in Bucharest, from the New York Times. I agree that it speaks a thousand words about the position of leadership the Bush administration has led us to.* Nonetheless, I added six more.

I improovid it!!!!! I be big helpur!!!!!



*Okay, granted the article is actually about how NATO agreed to endorse two of Bush's agenda items, a European missile shield and more troops for Afghanistan. Not that those are necessarily surprising items for NATO to back, and NATO rejected a third Bush proposal, the admission of Ukraine and Georgia into NATO. The Afghanistan war was always the morally defensible military adventure, and no surprise that our allies actually, you know, are still involved in pacifying the country that was actually involved in attacking a NATO member on September 11, 2001. I suspect that the support for the so-called missile shield has more to do with defense contracts and the inevitable business to the European contractors and companies that will build the bases and install the electronic gear than it does with any likelihood of such a shield actually being effective in stopping a missile strike. But anyway. Let me have this one. The funniest thing I did today before I defaced this photo was steal a line from a Monty Python sketch that's about a year older than I am, okay? So let me have it. I earned it. I deserve it.



1 comments:

rbird Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 11:43:00 PM EDT  

ha! i am glad that you enjoyed the picture. my boss actually passed around the hard copy addition at a meeting on monday, and the picture in the paper was HUGE, which made it especially funny...and sad...

incidentally, my boss spoke for three hours to us about his experience as president of the security council during the rwanda genocide (or "mass atrocities" as chinda wanted it put) of the nineties. very interesting. the photo of bush at nato was just icing on the cake.

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP