Iron Man was awesome and other light business before a motion to adjourn is heard...

>> Saturday, May 03, 2008

Last night I went to see Iron Man with two friends. It's a blast. Most of the credit really goes to Robert Downey, Jr.: while Jon Favreau's direction is quite good and the script solid for a comic-book-movie, there's no getting around the fact that some scenes might have dragged a little if it weren't Robert-fucking-Downey onscreen, holding everything together with pure charisma. Of course Jeff Bridges--who plays the main baddie in the movie--has plenty of charisma to dole out himself when he's onscreen, and Terrence Howard and Gwyneth Paltrow are excellent, too: but Iron Man is Downey's show; it's good to see him getting the chance to hold together a big summer blockbuster. He's been due for a long time. (And yes, we all know he might have gotten those dues sooner if he didn't have the self-destructive streak--doesn't change things.)

After the movie, we ended up at a neighborhood bar where I had a chance to chat up an extremely attractive, barely-dressed and very drunk blonde. Not something that happens to me a lot, I'm afraid. I'm also afraid I didn't quite catch her name, not that it matters. Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose, but simply that you showed up and got to be in the team photo.

Today I've got a package to pick up, I'm going to try to get out to the trails before it's very late, and then there's a decent chance I'll be hanging out with a friend--possibly writing, he wants me to collaborate with him on something. (He makes movies; if anything ever comes of the notion of me writing something with him, it'll be fun.) So this is the blog entry for the day.

Motion to adjourn? So moved. Second? Second. All in favor? Right, that's it then. Have fun on the internets, kids, and I'll see y'all tomorrow sometime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP