I'm not sure what to do with this information...

>> Monday, July 07, 2008

...but I'm passing it along: science fiction writer Thomas Disch died on the fourth.

I'm not sure what to do with the information because he was a writer I liked without being overly-familiar with his work. I've read a few of his short stories, seen (and very much liked) the animated adaptation of The Brave Little Toaster, and I was a big fan of his book reviews for Twilight Zone Magazine almost thirty years ago. (TZM was a brilliant little magazine back in the day. Disch wrote book reviews, the brilliant Gahan Wilson wrote the movie reviews, and they featured horror, science fiction and fantasy stories by just about everybody working those fields who was worth reading in the early '80s.)

One result of those book reviews was that Disch was always somebody I meant to get around to reading in depth. Guess I still do. It's just a damn shame that it took this to remind me that I'd been meaning to get around to his books for almost three decades and never got around to it.

So I'm off to Amazon to add a few things to the old wish list. I hear Camp Concentration is quite good, you know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP