Brain damaged and it's only Tuesday...

>> Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. My brain is just, just.... Maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night. Maybe it's the fucking relentless heat outside, not scorching heat but the oppressive, smothering heat of the urban South when the humidity is hight and the hot muck exuded by the cars on the interstate doesn't rise but sinks, hugs the ground like a coiled snake wrapped around your soul.

An ugly fucking day, and I can't come up with a damn thing to write about. Not that I want to, anyway. Not now. There are one or two ideas that maybe if I had a single spark of anything I'd do something.

So here's what we'll do. The last song on the car stereo when I pulled into the garage was "Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)". And here's Bowie live on MTV in '97, doing "Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)", with the unbelievable Reeves Gabrels making a glorious racket on his guitar (a redundant statement, I know; but he's an amazing guitar player and I had to reference it somehow):





3 comments:

Random Michelle K Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 7:45:00 PM EDT  

Maybe a bath in chocolate ice cream would help?

Or perhaps a bath in beer would be less messy.

Rebelcat,  Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 9:10:00 AM EDT  

Oh, Scary Monsters...

Bowie made one sometimes two albums per year during the 70's. The suite ended in 1980 with the album Scary Monsters and Supercreeps). That's pretty impressive considering that most of them are great stuff.
Uh, not that this is new facts for you. But it's impressing.

Anyway...
This version of the song rocks too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCNelxxc1JE

Eric Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 7:33:00 PM EDT  

That's an incredible version, Rebelcat. Thank you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP