Take the money and run

>> Thursday, September 11, 2008

Any regulars around here may have occasionally seen comments from one "Rbird." "Rbird" doesn't comment too often (ahem!), but of everyone around here, she is the most privileged, first and foremost of any commentator who drops by--even more important than me, actually.

How can you get special preference? Try being my little sister.

Which brings us to the real topic of this post. The Bird, who lives up in Nathan's neck of the woods, is running the New York Marathon in November, and is using her participation to solicit donations for Robin Hood, a poverty relief organization up in New York City. Robbin's page (yes, Robbin is running for Robin Hood) is here; I feel a little awkward soliciting for my sister (wait... can I rephrase that?), and I'm not sure how much I have to chip in right now, but if you have a little you're willing to spare, it would be totally awesome. Plus you can see a picture of my little sister (still "little" to me, even in her thirties) and her dog, Oscar. And hey, there's my last name, too, if you don't already know it.

Anyway, if you can offer some support, please do! Thank you.


1 comments:

rbird Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 5:09:00 PM EDT  

i can't express enough how moved i am that my brother knows such awesome people--- such awesome folks, in fact, that they would donate to a charity in honor of someone they've never met, for some crazy event like a 26.2 mile race through the streets of new york city. it sounds cheesy, but this really has given me wind beneath my (bird) wings. thank you so much.

i feel like i should start belting out "the star spangled banner" here, is it all the caffeine i've had today?

thanks for pimping me out to your awesome friends bro!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP