Whore

>> Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yes. I've signed up for the Amazon Assoicates thingmabobber, and will be replacing my simple, generic, "here's what I'm reading/listening to/watching" widgets in the sidebar with crass, shiny Amazonian widgets. Or gadgets. Or whatever they're called this week.

Here's why: (1) the widgets I was using were boring me (no shiny pictures of album covers?!), (2) most of the links went back to Amazon, anyway (okay, the movie and DVD links went back to IMDB, but books and music went to Amazon), and/so (3) hey, if somebody wants to give me a few pennies towards a gift certificate, I'll freaking take it, okay!

I mean, the music and books, I need it, man. I gotta have it. I feel cold. So cold. Help me out, man. Look at me, I'm shakin', here, I've got it bad. I can stop anytime I want, but right now's just not a good time, okay? Just a CD or maybe a graphic novel or even a collection of short stories, just... just until--DON'T LOOK AT ME! DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME! AAAAARGHHHH!

No, seriously, I know this is likely to be something that goes exactly nowhere. I get maybe thirty hits on this site on a good day. (Obviously, I haven't written enough entries on Sarah Paulin's arsons of Alaska's libraries after purging the party of duckspeaking thoughtcriminals.) But, like I said, if I'm linking to Amazon anyway, I might as well get paid for what I was giving out. Think of it as graduating from slut to prostitute.

Assuming Amazon doesn't kick me to the curb after this post, I'll be upgrading the rest of the "what I'm doing" widgets over the next few days as time permits and I feel like it.

That's all.

8 comments:

Janiece Murphy Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 11:33:00 AM EDT  

Not only are you a ho', you're a ho' who doesn't know how to spell "Palin."

Signed,

Judgey McJudgerson

Eric Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 12:11:00 PM EDT  

Ahem.

I'm perfectly aware of how to spell the name of Jim McClane's running mate.

;-)

Janiece Murphy Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 12:40:00 PM EDT  

I know, Eric.

I was using irony on your irony.

Because I'm Judgey that way.

Eric Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 1:01:00 PM EDT  

Metairony?!? Only a raging elitist would use metairony!!!

Random Michelle K Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 1:45:00 PM EDT  

It's not being a whore, it's collecting pennies on the street, which adds up after awhile.

Eric Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 1:59:00 PM EDT  

Thanks for the encouragement, Michelle: actually, I started thinking about this weeks ago after you mentioned the Amazon Associates' thing over at Random (But Not Really).

So in a way, you're kind of like a madam.

:-)

Janiece Murphy Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 2:37:00 PM EDT  

Meta-Irony: The new standard for elitism.

I'm down with that.

vince Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 6:21:00 PM EDT  

Madams, whores, and meta-irony. What more could you ask of any blog?

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP