Neverwednesday Nights

>> Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Now this just seems impossible. One of my very, very favorite bands, though it seems I haven't mentioned them much, is Iceland's Sigur Rós. And I would have thought I've already featured at least one song and/or video and/or performance by the band... and I haven't.

This ends tonight. Tonight's long-overdue Sigur Rós track is... well, actually it doesn't formally have a name. Or sometimes it does: from Sigur Rós' 2002 masterpiece (and I don't use that word lightly), ( ) (yes, the album's title is a closed set of parenthesis or brackets) comes the album's untitled first track, sometimes referred to as "Vaka" after the drummer's daughter. The song, so you know, is sung in "Vonlenska" or "Hopelandic," a language-like tongue in which the lyrics mean what you want them to. The video itself is a haunting post-apocalyptic vision that always makes me think of Ray Bradbury's tragic "All Summer In A Day".






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP