Five photos, volume I

>> Sunday, November 09, 2008

Right, so I didn't really get any writing done yesterday, so I really need to catch up today.

I think what I'm going to do, either instead of or along with merely posting a word count, is maybe throw up some of my pictures. Hence, "Five photos, volume I" in the blog title. Five photos, because that's the maximum Blogger allows in a single bulk upload. Volume I because I expect there will be a Volume II and III and so on. It may even become a recurring feature even after National Novel Writing Month is over, depending.

Will they be good photographs? I make no promises. Will they be processed pictures? Maybe. (Today's entries have all had the contrast boosted, because I like doing that, and are cropped to 1440x900/900x1440 because that's the widescreen format on my notebook; later images may have less done to them, or much more, depending on how I feel and how much time I have and so on and so forth.)

These photographs are all from the campus of Appalachian State University, and were taken last Thursday morning, November 6, 2008, during the hour after sunrise.







8 comments:

Random Michelle K Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:21:00 AM EST  

Oooh!

Very nice! I like the last two, but I particularly like the elf with the laptop... er... cute kid with the book.

:)

Anonymous,  Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 12:54:00 PM EST  

Eric,

I love the pictures taken on the ASU campus. I miss Boone and having one of my children there about 8 years in a row. I am so glad you appreciate the beauty of the place.

Love,
Mom

MWT Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 1:13:00 PM EST  

Nice. :)

It looks a lot like the Indiana University campus, which I practically grew up on.

Eric Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 1:33:00 PM EST  

I'm glad people are enjoying these. I think there will be about five more days of these, and then I'll start running some of the pics from the parkway. And then, if I'm still catching up NaNoWriMo and need more pics, I'll dig through some of the older pics I have that I haven't posted (or don't remember posting).

Hope nobody gets sick of the pics. :-)

The campus is still beautiful, but like I said earlier, it's like a different world now. For instance, the student rec center (first photo) and Belk Library (second photo) simply didn't exist when I was there--they weren't even under construction, I don't even know if they had even been planned.

Fourteen years is a long time.

But the weather was gorgeous and the light was decent, and the trees were beautiful. Hence, the color photography despite my usual jonesing for black and white.

Anyway, thank you again, and more pics are on the way!

Eric Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 1:35:00 PM EST  

PS

(Oh, a note for any less web/Blogspot-savvy visitors: clicking on a photo will bring up the full 1440x900 version.)

Jeri Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 2:25:00 PM EST  

I like the lighting on the top one. :)

And why do you think I've been posting:

1- photos
2- videos
3- cut and pasted political speeches
4- top ten lists
5- ultra short posts

I had this great idea for a post (I dislike the electoral college methodology) and realized it would take hours of research and fact finding to do well. So I deferred it until December, when it will be less timely but won't interfere.

So, please, post photos. Post music videos. Post little twitter-like wise sayings. We, your loyal audience, are good with that!

Tania Monday, November 10, 2008 at 3:09:00 AM EST  

Nice. And you still have foliage. ::looks out window at snow and trees in the dark::

Oh well. I actually like living here, but photos from you and Michelle with the mid-Atlantic plant life is always fascinating to me.

MWT Monday, November 10, 2008 at 2:28:00 PM EST  

Heh, last year I spent all of November posting pictures of trees from Indiana that I'd taken in October. I completely understand the reasons behind this. ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP