I'm the goddamn Batman!

>> Thursday, December 11, 2008

Via Jim, at Stonekettle Station, I took this "Which Action-Hero Would You Be?" quiz and confirmed what I already knew:

I'm the goddamn Batman.

That's right. I'm nocturnal, I have a thing for justice, I don't like dressing in bright colors, and I think anybody who isn't a jackass ought to have a whole bunch of "just-in-case" gadgets is on a belt if he's going to be a superhero.

What I won't have, thanks, is nipples on my batsuit.

But what I might do, given that I'm a bit nerdy and out of shape, is build a bunch of giant robots to strike fear into the muggers and gangsters and rapists. Actually, if I was in good enough shape to strap on several pounds of body armor and jump from rooftop-to-rooftop while people shot at me or tried to beat the crap out of me or whatever, I think the giant robots are the way to go anyway. You have to wonder why Bruce Wayne had to wait until he was semi-paralyzed and living in a (non-canonical) future to come up with the idea of fighting crime with giant robots, actually. One, giant robots are really a lot scarier. Two, giant robots are disposable.

That last one is really the crucial one, now that I think about it. If The Joker ties you and your sidekick up (he's captured you already, of course) over a ginormous vat of acid which he's now lowering you into, well, you have a major potential to be screwed. Even if you or the Boy Wonder get your hands onto one of your utility belts, one slip of the fingers and your grappling hook is pretty much a puddle of hydrocarbon goo sinking into the HCl depths. But if it's a giant robot up there (assuming The Joker somehow caught it and tied it up), well if something goes wrong you just fire up one of the robot backups in the basement and find yourself another orphan to adopt. No big deal. You get yourself Angelina Jolie's adoption agent on retainer, you can probably have yourself a new orphan sidekick delivered to the door before you've finished brushing the styrofoam peanuts off your newly-fired-up 'bot; you bet your ass The Joker's going to be pissed when he sees your new robot proxy and sidekick!

The Joker presents you with an unwinnable situation where you have to be in two places at once to save the life of your childhood sweetheart and the District Attorney? Just send a pair of robots out, put in a good mix-CD while you watch the results on the big monitor in the Batcave and you're all set. The Scarecrow tries to dose your giant bat-robot with fear gas? Nothing scares robots. Poison Ivy can kiss your black shiny robot drone with her hypnotic sex-chemicals all she wants, and you'll just be sitting at home recording the whole thing onto a hard drive. The Riddler wants to give you a quiz--it'll be like solving a minigame in a RPG, except if you get bored you can just squash the pinheaded little jerk with a bat-robot-vise-grip. The Penguin? Mister Freeze? They're going down.

Yep. Bat-robots. That's how I'm gonna do it. Just like The Man Himself did in the first half of Kingdom Come.

Because I'm the goddamn Batman, and that's how I roll.








You Scored as Batman, the Dark Knight

As the Dark Knight of Gotham, Batman is a vigilante who deals out his own brand of justice to the criminals and corrupt of the city. He follows his own code and is often misunderstood. He has few friends or allies, but finds comfort in his cause.






Batman, the Dark Knight




88%





Neo, the "One"




75%





Captain Jack Sparrow




67%





The Amazing Spider-Man




63%





The Terminator




58%





William Wallace




58%





Indiana Jones




54%





James Bond, Agent 007




46%





Maximus




46%





Lara Croft




46%





El Zorro




38%

7 comments:

mattw Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 1:49:00 PM EST  

Yeah, but in Kindgom Come he still donned the suit eventually and went out to kick ass.

If we're talking old/semi-retired non-canonical Batman, I'll take Frank Miller's Dark Knight any day.

On a side note, at WizardWorld a few years ago, Alex Ross was the guest of honor. I brought my nice, hardcover copy of Kingdom Come for him to sign, which he did, with one of those paint pens, and then he closed the book before it could dry. I took my book and said thank you, when I really just wanted to scream, and carefully peeled the pages apart.

Leanright,  Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 2:05:00 PM EST  

Yes...I am WILLIAM WALLACE! Mostly, I suppose because of my lack on interest in wearing a spandex body suit.

Indiana Jones was a close second.

Third....Mitt Romney

Random Michelle K Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 2:50:00 PM EST  

Third....Mitt Romney

Actually, Romney was a choice on the super villains quiz.

Leanright,  Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 2:55:00 PM EST  

Be nice Michelle. Be nice.

Enjoy your holidays.

Eric Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 3:04:00 PM EST  

I thought Romney was a sidekick choice on both quizzes. Can't'cha just picture him in tights with a big "R" on his breast--"Holy Free And Strong America, Batman!" And then he could punch his hand into his fist like Burt Ward always used to.

Miller's Dark Knight is brilliant. Based on reviews (including the one linked to in the main post), Miller's All-Star Batman And Robin... enh, not so much.

A good catch on the signed Ross Kingdom Come, even if it ended up being a butterfly sig. :-)

mattw Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 3:17:00 PM EST  

If I remember right, it's signed by Ross and Waid. I'll have to check when I get home.

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP