Neverwednesday Nights

>> Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A few weeks ago, Nathan at Polybloggimous turned me on to the YouTube videos of twelve-year-old Sungha Jung, a fingerstyle prodigy. The kid is good, really good. He reminds me very much of the late Michael Hedges--and if you're familiar with Hedges' playing, you know that's a helluva compliment.

Here's Sungha Jung playing Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit":




Ah, hell--let's make it a double feature. The kid's "Theme From Mission Impossible" kicks too much ass not to feature:




(And here's even more from the kid; it's worth checking out. And thanks again to Nathan for bringing this dude to my attention.)

3 comments:

Janiece Murphy Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 5:32:00 PM EST  

I thoroughly enjoy Michael Hedges. My SmartMan recommended him, since I'm a fan of acoustic guitar...

mattw Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 10:14:00 AM EST  

That's pretty amazing. He must have taken whatever skill points I would have had for musical talent, since I have none.

Carol Elaine Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 4:36:00 PM EST  

Matt, I think he took mine too. The little talented brat.

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP