What are all those books in the header?

>> Friday, January 02, 2009

Yesterday, in the comments, Michelle wrote:

I forgot to say Eric, I love your header, except for the fact that I can't see all the titles of your books. I recognize some books I have (Harry Potter, Chaos) but not all of them.


What a convenient inspiration for a post when I had no idea what to write about!

The photo was taken a few months ago, but the books are mostly where they were, and (I sort of regret to admit) reflect the same haphazard way they were taken out of boxes several years ago, except that I do try to keep authors together, occasionally sort by a theme, tend to keep the comics together, and there's at least one instance of my mean-spirited sense of humor in the form of a personal joke in which two books are always paired on my shelf (that shouldn't be too hard to figure out).

Visible on these shelves at the time the original image was made are (links aren't necessarily to the edition I own):

Top Shelf (left to right):



Lower Shelf (again left-to-right):


...and those, if anyone cares to know, are the books visible in the current header.

8 comments:

Ilya Friday, January 2, 2009 at 7:21:00 AM EST  

Quite a range there, Eric, from comics to Bible. My copy of the latter is stored in some box, not on a shelf.

Random Michelle K Friday, January 2, 2009 at 9:11:00 AM EST  

Thank you Eric!

We don't have quite as many books in common as I first thought, but still have some: JK Rowling, CS Lewis, Roald Dahl (I have specific books not an omnibus), Kingdom Come, and Chaos. Oh, my copy of the bible sits next to my copy of the Quran, which is next to my dictionary and other reference books. :)

Eric Friday, January 2, 2009 at 9:17:00 AM EST  

Michelle, that's just twenty of the cubes on a 6' tall shelf that runs half the length of a long wall that comprises the living room and dining area. There are a number of empty spaces on the whole thing--I got a shelf that had growing room on it, but there's also a good bit not shown and we may still have more volumes in common. (Or maybe not, who knows?)

Eric Friday, January 2, 2009 at 10:27:00 AM EST  

Er... ten of the cubes. Sorry. Can't count on Fridays, apparently.

Anne C. Friday, January 2, 2009 at 3:00:00 PM EST  

The Bible not only next to The Mysterious Stranger, but actually sandwiched between that and Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. Message there, much? ;)

I would put a copy of His Dark Materials trilogy (Philip Pullman) next to C.S. Lewis's Narnia for some additional humor. :)

Eric Friday, January 2, 2009 at 5:14:00 PM EST  

Oo! That's a great idea, Anne! Right now my copy of the Pullman trilogy is between my copy of The Ruins and my copy of the book club edition of the first three Temeraire books--which is a meaningless and not-funny accident!

Eric Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 6:47:00 PM EST  

Three and a half cubes to the right, on the same level as the lower set of cubes. :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP