Separated at birth?

>> Thursday, June 11, 2009

You be the judge.

The titular antagonist of the 1953 "alternative classic" Robot Monster:



A bear cub from Wisconsin that somehow managed to get his entire head stuck in a bird feeder sometime around Memorial Day weekend:



Am I the only one seeing some uncanny prophecy-come-true at work? Like the brilliant psychic, Criswell, famously said, "Future events such as these will affect you in the future!" I, for one, hail our new ursine-space-helmeted-cyborg masters. (Sure, I'm kissing a little ass here--screw you, I want to be in on the ground floor for once!)



(Photo of hapless, pathetic-but-adorable baby bear ©2009 Department Of Natural Resources / AP)

9 comments:

Jim Wright Friday, June 12, 2009 at 8:36:00 PM EDT  

You need to cut back on the pain meds, Eric.

Eric Friday, June 12, 2009 at 9:10:00 PM EDT  

Seriously, for a moment: I'm not taking any. I haven't filled the prescriptions I've been taking, been doing without.

This is just basically how I am....

:-D

Jim Wright Friday, June 12, 2009 at 10:00:00 PM EDT  

Ok, I stand corrected, start taking the pain meds, start taking the pain meds...

Eric Friday, June 12, 2009 at 11:26:00 PM EDT  

Tryin' to avoid that, Jim. Tryin' to avoid it. Hasn't been easy, though. Although there's a Catch-22: while I'm not sure going back to work has been a good idea (I'm inclined to think it's been a bad one, but whatever), I wouldn't be going if I was on Percocet.

Anyway, my "residual self image" largely involves biting the leather bit and asking for a pint of hootch. Which, objectively speaking, is probably stupid, but whatever....

Random Michelle K Friday, June 12, 2009 at 11:38:00 PM EDT  

Anyway, my "residual self image" largely involves biting the leather bit


(snicker)

Jeri Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 12:05:00 AM EDT  

You have a leather bit? ::perks up::

And some jobs... not pointing any fingers... might be more tolerable with a percocet or two. In my case, though, the stuff makes me puke, so I'm an involuntary no-pain-drugs kinda gal.

Wendy Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 4:57:00 PM EDT  

to hell with the leather bit, pass the hooch!!

WendyB_09

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP