Cool visual for the day

>> Tuesday, November 24, 2009

If you regularly visit Astronomy Picture Of The Day (or, perhaps, work for NASA), you may have already seen this recent image of Saturn's moon Enceladus venting ice from beneath the surface, taken by the Cassini probe that's out there now. I feel like I should add more, but what can I add--this image is worth a good ten thousand words, minimum (click on it for a large version--it really is breathtaking). (For the technical details, visit APOD.)




4 comments:

Carol Elaine Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 8:16:00 PM EST  

Yeah, I saw that on APOD - tremendously cool.

Shawn Powers Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 8:40:00 PM EST  

I'm a bit APOD fan, and yes -- this one went in my "backgrounds" folder. :)

Jim Wright Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 10:25:00 PM EST  

Man, that is just plain awesome. I want to go there.

Jeri Thursday, November 26, 2009 at 2:47:00 AM EST  

I love space images - I used to want to be an astronaut so badly, back when we had a space program that MEANT SOMETHING. Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP