NaNoWriMo word count for today

>> Tuesday, November 03, 2009

4,284 / 50,000
Words


About eight hundred words behind, still. Not bad, not great.

No idea what this writing project is about, at least from an internal point of view. But I think I am figuring out what it might, hopefully be about from a broader point-of-view: I just haven't been creative since the accident. Depressingly so. I've tried. I've had a couple of stilted projects, even had a sort-of-novel that actually has a plot started a month, month-and-a-half ago. But it's not good, it hasn't been easy. So I think what I'm hoping is that if I write 50k words, even if they're lousy words, maybe it'll break whatever has had a grip on me these last five, six months. I mean, what I'm writing now is just absolute nonsense, and I'm not even sure it's amusing nonsense. But maybe, maybe, maybe it'll break some ice. Fingers crossed, right?

The music for this date's writing session (I'm going to start including this in these updates, maybe):

  • Talking Heads, Remain In Light
  • Luna, Bewitched
  • Charmparticles, Alive In The Hot Spell
  • Pink Floyd, The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (mono mix)
  • David Bowie, Station To Station


Listening to Low now, before bed. G'night, y'all.

3 comments:

mattw Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 12:41:00 PM EST  

Why not throw in a monkey and see what happens? People love monkeys.

Eric Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 4:27:00 PM EST  

Matt, it seriously could happen. It's sort of the rationale for having a bunch of German spies in the wings. 'Cause, you know, why the hell not?

mattw Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 4:37:00 PM EST  

German spies you say? That might work for my story...that is...as long as I stick with what I'm working on now. Let's hear it for third time's the charm!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP