NaNoWriMo word count for today

>> Wednesday, November 04, 2009

6,878 / 50,000
Words


Aaaaaaand he pulls ever so slightly ahead.

I should be at 6,668 words, I do believe, if I'm not mistaken, if I'm on track, if I'm etc., thus (if I'm right about the target) I'm actually two-hundred-and-ten words ahead tonight, which surprises me, to be honest, because I started late and wasn't really into what I'm doing.

But, again, this is the whole extended writing exercise thing. I have no idea where this is going and I expect nothing of it except the hope that in twenty-six days when I drop this misbegotten fantastic whatsit like a hot stone I will do so with a singing voice that is stretched and relaxed, a literary larynx, if you get my drift, that can actually do something worth doing.

I have a journalist, an American journalist, who's arrived at a strange European town where it always rains, sometime around the turn of the 20th Century, and so far he's discovered that all the other guests at his hotel are German spies. I have no idea why. I don't know what they could possibly be up to, except that all the locals seem to believe that the German spies are there because Germany is going to invade France, which is (of course) ultimately true. Only I don't think this town where it always, and I mean always rains is anywhere near France. But then these aren't very good spies, would be the thing. Anyway, I'm just riffing on this, blahblahblah and seeing what happens. And much of it is, really, seriously, truly terrible. I mean, I have no idea how to write a German accent so all these spies sound kinda like a cross between Teri Garr in Young Frankenstein and Madeline Kahn in Blazing Saddles with an unfortunate dash of Pavel Chekhov, and yes, I know Chekhov wasn't even German. Well, hey, like Walter Koenig is Russian for crying out loud.

I didn't write long, so there wasn't that much music tonight:

  • Chess (Original Broadway Cast Recording) (inspired by Ilya, by the way)
  • Peter Gabriel, Peter Gabriel (1980, PG3, a.k.a. "Melt")




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP