NaNoWriMo word count for today

>> Wednesday, November 11, 2009

13,697 / 50,000
Words


Headachy, perhaps in part because of the rains. Which maybe are apt rains, since the thing I'm writing takes place somewhere it always rains. My character failed to buy an umbrella. Me, I just sat inside all day.

Not doing a good job catching up, but at least I can say I ended up not falling behind today. More behind, I ought to say.

I think I'm calling it an early bedtime tonight. G'night. Scroll down and enjoy the Judas Priest version of "Diamonds And Rust" if you haven't already.


  • The Pillows et al., FLCL I: Addict
  • Joan Baez, From Every Stage
  • Tracy Chapman, Tracy Chapman



4 comments:

mattw Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 11:13:00 AM EST  

I don't know if you read one of the latest pep-talk emails from the NaNo people, but they say that even 75 words a day is progress and will keep you connected to the story. Besides, we're not even half way through the month yet.

But if you're interested, I could sell you some words. I'm having a special this week on descriptive phrases of the contents of infants' diapers.

kimby Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 1:32:00 PM EST  

I am stalled at 15K. I should go back and connect what I wrote the last time I stalled, but just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe tonight.

mattw Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 1:49:00 PM EST  

Kimby,

I'll tell you the same thing I told MWT the other day, add monkeys and potato chips to your story and see what happens.

But if you're looking for words, my offer to sell some to Eric would be good for you too. Although, I would imagine that having had children, you already have plenty of words for describing the different qualities of infant bowel movements. :)

Eric Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 2:11:00 PM EST  

They say the Eskimo has a thousand words for snow: for the powdery snow, for the icy snow, for the snow that gets inside your boots; so, too, a parent has a thousand words for poo....

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP