"Did you see the gators, looking happy and well-fed?"

>> Friday, January 08, 2010

A conversation elsewhere reminded me--I'm not sure I've ever featured Jill Sobule here at the old blog. Which is unfortunate, because I want to marry Ms. Sobule when I grow up.

I've only had the chance to actually see her play live once--she opened for Warren Zevon one tour. I don't know that the story, such as it might be, needs to be elaborated on--I saw Warren Zevon and Jill Sobule the same night--in your face everybody who hasn't! Sadly, and diminishing that triumph considerably, it was a tour where Warren had been having issues with some unspecified illness that everybody in the general public assumed was some really awful case of the flu, until a year-or-so later Zevon announced he'd been diagnosed with cancer and had only a few months to live, an announcement that proved sadly accurate.

Anyway....

Another online exchange earlier this week had me piping in with a little comment on global warming, so when I stumbled across this 2006 clip of Jill singing a song about global warming at a TED Conference, it seemed apt. Ladies and gentlemen, Jill Sobule:




2 comments:

Carol Elaine Friday, January 8, 2010 at 2:43:00 PM EST  

That's it. It's official. I am soooo marrying Jill Sobule when I grow up.

Eric, we need to find ourselves a (non-Mormon) plot of land where polygamy is, at the very least, not prosecuted and build a cute house for the three of us.

Eric Friday, January 8, 2010 at 3:51:00 PM EST  

::starts looking at maps and real estate ads::

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP