I have this weird urge to start raising chocobos again...

>> Friday, April 02, 2010







What's a little amazing and ironic, actually, is that Smith's version of "On The Run" sounds an awful lot like the '72-'73 original--recorded with a then state-of-the-art EMS Synthi analog synthesizer. That's not a knock on anyone, if anything it's actually a sort of kudo to the surprising amount of potential locked away in the NES' audio chip--those old EMS synths were pretty badass, which is why so many badasses used them (see also: Brian Eno, Robert Fripp, Stevie Wonder).

What's also kind of awesome is the urge I have listening this to dust off my old PS and replay Final Fantasy VI (originally written for the NES). Sadly, I suspect I'd get tired of trying to plug all those cables in and lose interest before I got the disc spun up. If I could even find it. Or the PS, now that I think about it.

Oh well.

Back to my Spring cleaning. (Hey! It looks like the cat's forgiven me for running the vacuum cleaner earlier!)



(H/T to Laughing Squid!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP