Ask me: Megan wants to know if I'm The Hoff

>> Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Megan would really like to know:

Are you David Hasselhoff?

Alas, Megan, I'm afraid I have to let you down: I am not David Hasselhoff.

I am, in fact, Irish actor Edward Mulhare, as the file photo below conclusively demonstrates:



Knowing how much you love David and his work, Megan, I'm sure you want to know what it was like to collaborate with David on the hit NBC television drama Knight Rider (now available on DVD). Well, Megan, it was an absolute pleasure. There was a tense moment when David and I first met during rehearsals for the pilot, since David is very, very proud of his German ancestry (and Germany, as you know, has returned that love over the years), but when I informed David that I wasn't actually English, was merely playing an Englishman for the series and was in fact Irish, and furthermore that we Irish were neutral during the Second World War and probably hated the Brits far more than any German ever could, we got along famously and became very dear friends. David was generous, gracious, very professional; although he was clearly the lead of the series and NBC was definitely advancing him as a "heartthrob," he was always willing to share the space and never stepped on anybody's lines that I can ever recall or got into a shot unnecessarily (unlike, I regret to say, a certain fellow-castmember who didn't seem to understand he was only there for voice work and wasn't supposed to appear physically on camera ever--but I won't name any names). My memories of working on Knight Rider are something I shall treasure forever.

Thank you for your question, Megan! I hope you're not too disappointed!




5 comments:

Megan Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 12:56:00 AM EDT  

Oh, this is excellent! Shall I enter you into the contest? There are fabulous prizes.

Eric Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 9:25:00 AM EDT  

If being Edward Mulhare qualifies one to be David Hasselhoff by association, enter me!

Wait. I might have phrased that differently....

rbird,  Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 2:57:00 PM EDT  

You should go on Dancing with the Stars!

Anonymous,  Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 7:29:00 PM EDT  

Oh my! What a great picture of you and David. Love it.

Mom

Megan Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 9:56:00 PM EDT  

Contest results now available on my blog!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP