"Hi. I've got a tape I want to play."

>> Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Honestly, the week's sort of been kicking my ass, and that's included trying to come up with bloggable material. So, y'know, it may be a substance-lite week this week.

One good thing was I finally ordered a copy of Stop Making Sense on DVD the other week and it showed up in the mailbox yesterday, hooray. So in honor of that and because I don't have it in me to start a conversation I can't even finish and would just be talking a lot and not saying anything, etc., here's the opening scene: an impossibly-young David Byrne taking the stage with an acoustic guitar and boombox for one of the coolest opening numbers in rock'n'roll concert history.

"Psycho Killer":







3 comments:

Nathan Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 11:00:00 PM EDT  

One of my top three favorite concert films. Great concept perfectly executed. "Take Me To The River" kills me when they do it.

vince Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 10:26:00 PM EDT  

I'm miss them. I have this on VHS, guess it's time to get it on DVD.

ecrec = kinda like Eric, only different.

Eric Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 10:56:00 PM EDT  

It's worth having on DVD. I was a little surprised, having originally seen it on VHS, that several tracks that were worked into the VHS weren't actually in the theatrical release (they're included as bonus materials on the DVD: "Cities" and "Big Business/I Zimbra"). But the digital remix (overseen by Jerry Harrison) is phenomenal and the remastered video looks incredible, too. The bonus features overall are a little thin, possibly because things have been sorta weird amongst the Heads since Byrne left, though I haven't listened to the commentary track yet and that may alter my perceptions.

Anyway, point is, it's really worth having the DVD.

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP