"Anyone's Ghost"

>> Saturday, November 06, 2010

It's been a pretty goddamn good year for music, but as the year wanes, I think The National's High Violet may be the best fucking album I've heard this year. This is the one that I keep coming back to, the one that keeps blowing me away, the one that keeps getting lodged sideways in my head and won't come out.

And here's a phenomenal version of "Anyone's Ghost" for anyone who's ever been dumped, i.e. the whole damn human race:




And I was going to leave it there, but I just have to add: you know, when I first bought this album, this wasn't the song I bought it for and it wasn't my favorite cut. And I guess if you want to be technical it still isn't my favorite, but this song, like the whole album, got inside me and wouldn't get out. Seriously, buy this record. The CD, the digital download, the goddamn vinyl, whatever. It's good. Really good. Really, really good.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP