A blog entry about nothing

>> Monday, November 08, 2010

I find that I've gotten through Monday without posting anything. Now I'm out for dinner at Intermezzo, having ordered a piroska and drinking a Bell's Two-Hearted ale, and still nothing to add for the day.

It's possible my mojo was thrown off by the change in time, Daylight Savings having gone into effect yesterday, or ended yesterday. I'm always confused how that works. But for the mnemonic, "Spring forward, Fall back," I wouldn't even remember which way the clocks should go. Or maybe my mojo, such that it is, was unaffected: yesterday was certainly an okay day, or a productive-ish day when I was down at the coffee shop working on a short story notion I had. (Around 1,200 words; not shabby, if you ask me.)

But in terms of having something bloggable to cover today? Nothing. So why am I writing a blog entry about having nothing to blog about? Exactly. Giant Midgets is a writing exercise, among other things, and anyway I can't think of a music video I'd like to dredge up and post. So here we are. A blog entry about nothing in particular, and I hope you'll forgive me for it, but there it is.

How are you tonight?

4 comments:

Leanright,  Monday, November 8, 2010 at 6:14:00 PM EST  

Well, I'm glad you asked. Packing for my second trip to the Bay Area in as many weeks. Other than that, counting down the days until my 4-day Thanksgiving weekend.

Random Michelle K Monday, November 8, 2010 at 8:37:00 PM EST  

Are you sure about the spring forward thing? Spring back always better, like you're sprining back away from fucking daylight savings time.

I don't get it. People don't like the amount of dark in the evening? TOO BAD! I HATE DARK IN THE MORNING!


RRAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

(grumble) (grumble)

Leanright,  Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 1:03:00 AM EST  

I agree with you totally Michelle. I enjoy the early sunset and early sunrise. When I wake up and it's still dark, I feel unfulfilled. Much the same as the way I LOVE dreary and rainy weather. Probably since we don't get a lot of it in Southern California, it's a treat to hang out with my family, in front of the fireplace and watch a movie together or enjoy game night.

timb111 Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 10:22:00 AM EST  

I appreciate your quotidian posts and missed yesterday's.

here in Edmonton Canada at this time of year we start getting daylight @ 8:00 and it get's dark @ 5:00, which means that people who work in the office are never out in the daylight. I guess it beats living in Whitehorse where you have to book time in a sun room, but not by much.

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP