A sad Peter Gabriel double shot

>> Sunday, January 16, 2011

Writing about Devo yesterday, I found myself thinking about another song: Peter Gabriel's rending "Mother Of Violence."




Maybe that's related to another Peter Gabriel song that's been on my mind since last weekend, "Family Snapshot":




Tomorrow we remember the life of another murder victim, don't we? Mm. Maybe all times are dark times and we just try to hang onto the glimmers of bright that seep through the cracks in the walls. Sorry--maybe that was more of a downer than I meant for it to be.

We pull through because what's the alternative, I guess I'm trying to say. And sometimes the songs give us something to anchor the ropes we cling to while we try to find those lights. Or something.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP