Sometimes you just have to say "yes" to taking the customer satisfaction survey...

>> Thursday, June 02, 2011

So I was giving Time Warner Cable their filthy lucre, or trying to, and they asked me if I wanted to take a customer satisfaction survey. Having jumped through several hoops to get to that point, I was quite agreeable, even though I eventually had to go back to their old payment site to finish the transaction....


Were you able to complete your task today?

Stupid user interface had me go through all sorts of leaps to register to use a website I was already registered to use. I finally had to go to the former website--which worked perfectly, thanks.

...

What do you like about online billing?

Paying my bloody bill.

...

How could online billing be improved?

You people replaced a functional way to access BillPay Xpress with a page that wasted my time, had me re-register to use features that I've used for years, and then wouldn't actually load the page where I pay the bleeding bill.

...

What would you find helpful that does not currently exist in MyServices today (e.g. mobile phone updates, etc)?

Something that would be helpful that doesn't currently exist? Hm. That's a toughie. Wait! I know! The website could actually work! Yeah! That would be pretty nifty, actually! Maybe you could put basic functionality and convenience in the pipeline for future upgrades!


You know what else was fun? Clicking all those zeroes in the "rate your satisfaction 1-10" items.

What's especially frustrating when a payment site goes bad is that you're there trying to give somebody money and the damn thing is giving you shit. I mean, really? Seriously? It's not like I'm actually asking you people for some kind of help that you'll outsource to a phone center on another continent or anything, I'm trying to give you money. You know, trying to satisfy your whole raison d'être as an impersonal, soulless, sociopathic, artificial, money-grubbing corporate entity. The least you could do is take me to a screen where I can type in an account number and then you can display a reassuring message telling me you won't disconnect my Internet access for one more month.

Is that too much to ask, you rotten bastards? Nevermind, that was a rhetorical question and we both know the answer, don't we?



3 comments:

Nathan Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 8:43:00 AM EDT  

I get these helpful (hopeful?) messages from Verizon suggesting I go paperless since I'm already paying my bills online. I'll consider dropping the paper bill if they can get my account online to agree with the one on paper two months in a row.

WV: makedat. No translation required!

Steve Buchheit Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 1:39:00 PM EDT  

How often I've answered that last question that way. Or with the "Stop wasting my time with surveys."

WendyB_09 Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:50:00 AM EDT  

AT&T just "upgraded and improved" their on-line bill pay site. Prior to this improvement, I was able to click on a link in the notice that took me straight to login for just the bill pay system. Now, if I can even find the link, it takes me to the general site and I have to hunt for for the pay your bill section.

Idiots...I'm throwing money at you, you need to make this EASIER not harder.

Improvement - NOT!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP