Robbins fly

>> Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Long-time readers may have noticed my sister occasionally popping in to leave a comment. I'm pleased as hell to announce she's finally started her own blog, Run, Robbin Bird.

Okay, I hate to do this, but there are actually three problems with her blog:

  1. She's a better writer than I am, which makes me look bad.
  2. She's currently focused on a single subject, which Wise Old Bloggers all say is the best way to generate interest and hits, as opposed to the scattershot, what-interests-me-now, anything-goes approach of Standing On The Shoulders Of Giant Midgets, which is an approach (I have read) that tends to alienate and confuse visitors who drop by for a post on one thing and then never see it mentioned again. Which makes me look bad.
  3. That subject of hers happens to be how she runs millions and millions of miles, like she's some kind of superhero or something, whereas I get winded waddling over to the refrigerator. This, obviously, makes me look bad.


All of that aside, if you want to find out what the smarter kid in my family has to say, hie your ass over to her new blog. Why are you still here?


10 comments:

Bird Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 11:13:00 AM EST  

ha! Aww shucks, thanks! I really think it's a stretch to say I'm a better writer than YOU. You've definitely been an inspiration to me, so thank you!

Nathan Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 11:34:00 AM EST  

I always thought you were trying to alienate and confuse readers. And I thought you were doing an excellent job!

Wait...what were we talking about?

Pangolin Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 6:49:00 AM EST  

Well, she's way cuter than you are but she doesn't post enough pictures to hold my attention. Also athletic blogs are annoying as heck to a dedicated keyboard commando like myself. It's like I'm supposed to get out of the office chair or something.

I'll stick with you, thanks.

Megan Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 8:53:00 AM EST  

Yeah, I'm not nearly healthy enough to read about things like that. Sorry, Bird. You seem like a lovely person.

timb111 Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 2:52:00 PM EST  

I agree with Warner: Nathan in 2012!

Bird Friday, January 6, 2012 at 1:23:00 PM EST  

Well, there lies the trouble with having a niche blog. I hope that people other than runners want to read it because I want to be FAMOUS AND OWN THE BLOGOSPHER.

Eric Friday, January 6, 2012 at 4:58:00 PM EST  

No, wait, I like "blogospher"--you know, he's to blogging what a philosopher is to philosophizing. And if you own him, then you own blogging, basically. Because any time he fails to post enough cat pictures or whatever, you can shake your fist at him and say, "I own you!" and then he has to blog about whatever you want.

Bird Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 11:52:00 AM EST  

Ha! Good point. I WILL OWN THE BLOGOSPHER. Brahahaha!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Because of the evils of spam, comments on posts that are more than ten days old will go into a moderation queue, but I do check the queue and your comment will (most likely) be posted if it isn't spam.

Another proud member of the UCF...

Another proud member of the UCF...
UCF logo ©2008 Michelle Klishis

...an international gang of...

...an international gang of...
смерть шпионам!

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.

...Frank Gorshin-obsessed bikers.
GorshOn! ©2009 Jeff Hentosz

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP